Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

Al Sadr Threatens Armed Uprising And Accuses Americans Of Attempting To Assassinate Him

Politics, Security
(Azzaman Newspaper) - 4 JUN - Muqtada Al Sadr refuses to open a direct dialogue with the American forces and accused the US of attempting to assassinate him. During an interview with the Independent Newspaper on Sunday, Sadr said, “The Americans tried to kill me but they failed and I am sure that they still want to eliminate me. I am a free Muslim Iraqi and I want to help the Iraqi people and for this reason the Americans hate me."
"The Americans want me to have a direct dialogue with them but there is nothing to negotiate about because the Americans are occupiers and thieves, and they should have a withdrawal schedule to leave this country. We need to know when they will do this. We are fighting an enemy stronger than us but we are on the right side even if this means that we will die because Islam encourages us to die with dignity instead of in shame.”
Al Sadr warned, “There will be a new armed uprising” in response to the Iraqi / British / American operations against the Sadr Movement and Mahdi Army. He said, “The occupiers keep attempting to provoke us but I have issued orders to start an armed resistance. We are patient and wise but we will fight the occupation and the killing. I am confirming that my movement will be like Hezbollah in Lebanon and I believe that Hezbollah and the Mahdi Army are two faces on one coin fighting on one front against the devil.”
About the recent clashes between Mahdi Army and the Badr organization, Muqtada said, “It was a misunderstanding, we have had discussions and communicated with the other side to prevent any more clashes.” About Iran, Muqtada confirmed he rejects any Iranian interference in Iraqi issues and he is against the Iranian / American negotiations about Iraq. Also, he confirmed that Iraqi issues will be solved by Iraqis.”

Labels: , , , , ,






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?